What is Electronic Key Management System?July 24, 2017
Large businesses with many assets and employees depend on the use of locking systems that require physical keys, and it can be a logistical challenge to maintain all keys and their uses, especially without a master key system. With an ascending hierarchy of keys that unlock specific locks of varying levels of security, a master key system allows for efficient distribution, regulating, and accountability of keys, which results in the increase of security.
In fact, designing a master key system to fit the specific needs of companies was the most efficient means to regulate the distribution and use of keys, that is, until the electronic key management system was created.
The Electronic Key Management System
What is the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS)? It is the most efficient system for managing keys, it’s simple and yet it keeps all your keys safe and secure when not in use, by preventing unauthorised access to all keys. In fact, the EKMS guards your keys against theft, and eliminates key misplacement because attached to each key is a smart key that is uniquely identified using Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID).
Using RFID, keys are automatically identified, tracked, and their use can be monitored with LCD displays, which allows visual confirmation of every keys activity. Without an RFID card or PIN code, access to keys of an EKMS system is not impossible. After every use, a key transaction is recorded using a time stamp, and then the information is logged for reference and accountability.
Application Usage for the Electronic Key Management System
An electronic key management system is ideal for use in banks, corporate offices, government buildings, shopping malls, parking areas, and all sizes of business, in all types of industries. There are many benefits EKMS offers, her are a couple major benefits listed below:
Accountability: Because keys and locks are designed to keep things safe and secure, accountability is a major concern when it comes to accessing physical locations, and using equipment and vehicles. In this way, EKMS provides a complete reporting and audit trail of each key and the user’s activity.
Increased Security: Only authorised users have access to the electronic key management system, and customizable groups and levels of access can be created to allow for even tighter control of high-level security keys. When unauthorised access is attempted, the EKMS permanently logs the entry and will then send out an email notification.
Once set up, an electronic key management system is easy to use and operate, and, it makes businesses more productive because it eliminates the need to replace lost keys.
To learn more about the electronic key management system, and how it can benefit your business, you are invited to contact Altona Locksmith for a free no-obligation consultation.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…