What Does Keyed To Differ Mean?December 9, 2015
Home safety should be of paramount importance to homeowners everywhere, whether in the city or surrounding areas. One of the most common threats to home security and safety is break-ins, and these are made possible by faulty or inefficient locks. Unfortunately, in the hands of someone with knowledge about basic locks, most standard locks have a tendency to be simplistic in nature and are easily picked by a lock pick, or small metal object like a pin.
Because simple locks are generally inefficient, and pose a great risk to homeowners, many individuals that decide to rent a house or apartment, or that decide to invest in a property of their own, usually don’t settle for simplistic lock systems. Instead, they opt to invest in complex or ‘fool-proof’ locks.
Still, while complex manual lock systems may provide greater safety against tampering and break-ins, there is still one dilemma that people face when it comes to locks and home-safety – the loss or theft of one’s keys.
Let’s face it, losing or misplacing keys from time-to-time in not uncommon, and while this may seem like a harmless mishap, the ramifications that arise from the loss of one’s keys can be extremely alarming. Most people may be unaware of it, but if a key can be traced to the original owner, one can readily make a duplicate of the key and then use it to enter a home uninvited, which is technically a ‘break-in’.
This can be extremely problematic for individuals who opt for keying their locks alike – that is, having one single master-key for all the locks at home. One sure-fire solution to prevent this dilemma, in the event of losing one’s keys, is to opt for differing keys.
A Quick Look at Keyed To Differ Options
Professional locksmiths call the installation or employing of differing keys in a single homestead ‘keyed to differ’. This is basically just a fancy term for having different locks with different keys in one area. While this may appear somewhat troublesome and a hassle, when considered from an initial vantage-point, the benefits of differing keys and locks become all too obvious, especially when you consider the singular disadvantage of master-keys – these can be easily reproduced.
Once a master-key is lost or duplicated, whoever has it has incontestable access to all areas of your home, and that is a very scary reality. In keyed to differ, if you lose a key, then it doesn’t automatically allow instant access to all areas of your home, but only that specific place that is unlocked by that specific key.
If you are contemplating on increasing the safety of your home, office or for your vehicles, by using differing key options, then visit Altona Locksmiths; they have over 20 years of experience providing security and peace of mind to their customers.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQ: When Do I Need Transponder Key Programming Services?
- Is Your Front Door Lock Burglar-proof? Consider Consulting Expert Locksmiths?
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…