The Importance of Master Key System in FactoriesDecember 5, 2016
Commercial security is more complex than the needs of residential properties, especially for large factories such as manufacturing facilities that have many working spaces, rooms, and restricted areas that require regulating access to certain personnel. Because of this, many keys are required, made, and distributed, unfortunately, maintaining such a system requires constantly re-keying locks and making new keys, every time a key is reported lost or when personnel leave the company.
If you’re factory or manufacturing facility is wrestling with this problem, then the answer you seek is a Master Key System.
The Benefit of a Master Key System
What makes a Master Key System different from a standard one lock, one key system is that the cylinders of locks are configured to accommodate a hierarchy of keys. This allows different individual key holders and groups of people to gain access to specific areas, or even all areas of a building. Basically, a master keyed lock can be opened with a designated key, or using a master key. In this way, locks can be re-keyed with a new designated key, but the master key will not need to be replaced.
There are many benefits of this type of key system, mainly that security is controlled which allows designated people access to defined areas and rooms within a factory or commercial facility.
The Difference Between a Master Key System and Keying Alike
Keying alike locks configures multiple locks to open using one particular key, and is effective for residential properties and even for small shops. A master key system is ideal for factories and large commercial buildings that have numerous rooms, areas and spaces that only specific people can access, for security and safety reasons.
It is an important decision to implement a secure master key system, especially if there are multiple groups of people at a factory that have different security levels, and there is a need to segregate or limit access to certain areas. A professional commercial locksmith can help factories and commercial buildings to establish a master key system, and will work with managers to determine how many different types of keys are needed, and who will receive them.
Altona Locksmiths specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of commercial key systems, to meet specifics security needs of factories and commercial facilities. For more information about our locksmith services, please schedule a no obligation consultation. Our experienced commercial locksmiths can assist you in creating a key system that meets your factory’s unique security needs.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…