Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?November 17, 2017
Purchasing your house is likely going to be the biggest investment that you make. Not only is your home a financial investment, it is also a security one. Everything that you own and hold dear likely resides in your new home, so why skimp out on protecting it in all of the ways that you can? Today we are going to talk about one of the most important steps you can take after closing on a newly bought home: rekeying. Rekeying is a common technique utilised by new homeowners in conjunction with talented and professional locksmiths. Let's look at why rekeying might be just what you need to rest easy in your new home.
Rekeying - Working With Professionals
When you purchase a home from a buyer, you are moving into the property that they once controlled. In doing so, you should acknowledge that you don't have full control over the locking mechanisms on the building. The former owner could have a duplicate key lying around that will always allow them to get back into the building. While most former owners don't ever use this for nefarious means, it doesn't mean that you should leave yourself open and available to being manipulated. So, at this point, most new homeowners have a decision to make. Do they install completely new locks or do they opt instead to hire a professional locksmith to undertake rekeying efforts? While there are valid reasons to consider either option, we believe that rekeying is a necessary function of purchasing your home. Here are our reasons as to why you should turn to rekeying.
Benefits of Rekeying a Home
The act of rekeying your home involves hiring a professional locksmith service, such as Alton Locksmiths, to come service the actual locks on your home. In rekeying, unlike changing your physical locks, the locksmith will remove the springs and pins within your lock in order to replace them with a completely new set. This allows for the locksmith to create your new, completely unique, keys to the home. In doing this, you are taking back control of key security and putting safety as a priority for both you and the inhabitants of your home.
Specifically, the reason rekeying a home is so important is that you do not know who has copies of keys. The previous inhabitants could have handed out copies of their keys to a dozen individuals, and you would never know until it was too late. By being proactive, and rekeying your home, you can do everything in your power to maintain optimum security.
For additional details about house rekeying, consult with Altona Locksmiths. We specialise in a wide assortment of locks and other related services for commercial, domestic and automotive purposes.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQ: When Do I Need Transponder Key Programming Services?
- Is Your Front Door Lock Burglar-proof? Consider Consulting Expert Locksmiths?
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…