What are Blocker Plates?July 11, 2017
If you are interested in innovative security products to make your commercial or residential property safer, then Altona Locksmiths can help. We specialise in lock and door hardware that meets the current security demands of commercial and residential properties, and, we have a range of extra security measures that can be installed that are compatible with existing doors and locks, to make any property safer.
One such security device that can make a property more secure is called blocker plates, although small, these can make a huge difference to the security of a premises. The use of blocker plates have been widely accepted in the security industry of late because these add another strong layer of security. However, many property owners and managers are unfamiliar with their use, and still don’t know what blocker plates are.
What are Blocker Plates and the Benefits of Using Them?
Blocker plates increase the security of any premises because they are designed to prevent the manipulation and access to a lock’s bolt or latch that fixes a door securely shut. These devices effectively makes it impossible for would-be burglars to fit a credit card or other object between the door and door frame, to manipulate a lock’s bolt or latch to gain entry. Not surprisingly, but thieves and burglars understand that locks can be manipulated in this way to gain access and will often try to pry back locks and bolts.
The flexibility of blocker plates to be able to fit both open in and open outwards doors, and the various designs and sizes available, these can be effectively installed to protect different kinds of locks, doors, and door frames. For these reasons, and that block plates are very strong because they are designed to resist being pried at, they are now being used more frequently as additional security features in all types of buildings.
If you want to add an extra layer of security to your home or business, by preventing would-be thieves and burglars from gaining entry, by prying open your doors’ lock bolts and latches, then Altona Locksmiths can install blocker plates for you on all entry doors to your building. In fact, we highly recommend the use of blocker plates for all external doors for commercial buildings, as they are more often targeted by burglars than residential properties.
Installing blocker plates require them to be bolted through doors, which provides additional strength to prevent forced entry. The presence of blocker plates also serves as a visual deterrent, causing burglars to seek out an easier target. You can learn more about blocker plates and other security devices here at Altona Locksmiths.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…