The Pros and Cons of Electronic Locks for Home UseSeptember 11, 2017
Protecting what you own is as important as owning it to begin with. Home security is no joke and as such people are always looking for the next big way to protect their assets. From wired security systems to enforced doors and everything in between, security should be a priority. Today we are going to discuss electronic locks and the advantages as well as disadvantages that they offer home owners.
Advantages of an Electronic Lock
Electronic locks bring to mind science fiction movies, super villain lairs, and the concept of digital minimalism. Electronic locks have a host of benefits for the regular homeowner and they range from convenience to actual improved security. Let's break down the perks of electronic locks step by step.
Imagine never having to worry about losing your home key ever again. It would be nice to strip down your keychain, wouldn't it? With just a memorised access code you will be able to get in and out of your home with the press of a button. Electronic locks are also easier to use when your hands are full. There won't be anymore shuffling bags around as you try to get the right key up to the lock.
2) Community Key
Rather than having an individual key for each member of the home you can merely share out the access code. This way your children, significant other and parents can all get in within the blink of an eye. No more waiting around for someone to drop off a key. No more getting locked out of the house.
With a custom access code you can protect your home in any number of different ways. If you feel like you need a new code every month or every year, you can do that too. Change the access code whenever you want, it is your security system.
Disadvantages of an Electronic Lock
Though there are obviously a host of great reasons to use electronic locks, there are also some downsides. These downsides aren't any better or worse than conventional key-based locks, they are just different.
1) Stolen Access Code
There is certainly a comfort in having a physical key in your pocket. You know it is there. You know where it is at. You know when you lose it. With an electronic key you don't really know if someone has stolen your access code by standing over your shoulder or watching from afar.
2) Access Code Rotations
What happens if you wear the same shoes every day? They begin to wear out. What happens if you press the same access code buttons every day? They begin to show wear and tear. In order to use an electronic lock you need to get in the habit of changing your passcode to prevent this significant wear and tear.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…