Steering Wheel Lock Removal: What To Do If You Lost Your Key and How Lockmiths Can HelpSeptember 30, 2015
Keeping your car safe from potential car thieves is of paramount importance, but sometimes, in the hectic run of things, we tend to lock ourselves away from the use of our own vehicles. This can be problematic for a lot of people, especially if you’ve somehow lost your keys and cannot unlock your steering wheel.
Thankfully, there are steering wheel lock removal services that can be undertaken to help solve this dilemma.
What is Steering Wheel Lock Removal and How Can It Help Me?
If you’ve found yourself unable to drive your own car, having accidentally forgotten your steering wheel lock key, an expert locksmith can readily help you solve your this problem. Steering wheel locks are specially designed to be almost tamper-proof. Having a go at breaking your steering wheel lock by yourself is definitely not a good idea. Why? Simply, because you risk the possibility of damaging your vehicle’s steering wheel, if you don’t have the specialised tools of the trade and the understandings of the inner workings of a modern steering wheel.
Opting for professional steering lock removal guarantees that you liberate your vehicle from a problematic dilemma without risking any potential damage. There are innumerable ways to perform steering lock removal; such as remaking and reordering keys, without risking any potential damage to your ignition, steering wheel shaft or the locking mechanism by trying to unlock it yourself. But, ordering extra keys could take… awhile.
However, more advanced methods of locksmithing have been developed that no longer require crafty methods or brute force.
The Future of Locksmithing is Here – Transponder Keys
Enter the secret trick called ‘transponder keys’ – a nifty little accessory in the form of a microchip which most cars from mid to late 1990’s, and all models after that possess. Transponder keys quite literally allow for a fail-safe in the event that you accidentally lock your steering wheel, since it ‘resets’ the on-board computer responsible for the lock, allowing access without the use of forceful methods.
Through these means, Altona Locksmith services provides unparalleled steering wheel lock removal and allows one to open nearly all types of vehicles dated from 1996 and onward. Some cars require special pin codes to reset their steering wheel locks, and Altona Locksmith is able to obtain exactly that from your vehicle’s dealer. If you’re looking to find a thoroughly efficient and hassle-free way to solve a locked steering wheel, contact Altona Locksmiths.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…