Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential PropertiesJune 4, 2019
Whether you own your home or you are renting it, keeping your property secured is important. If you have concerns about the quality of your home's security, you need to head to your front door in order to take a close look at your locking mechanism. Depending on what you see there, it might be time to call in a professional locksmith to help you install a traditional door lock cylinder. If that term isn't familiar to you, then keep on reading. Today, we are going to explain what cylindrical locks are and why you want them on your front door.
Advantages of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders
Spend more than a couple of minutes browsing home security and you'll come across countless products. In fact, your available choices can quickly become overwhelming. While there is value to be had in many of your security options, sometimes sticking to the basics can be the best route to take.
The cylindrical lock, or traditional door lock cylinder, is a type of locking mechanism that is installed directly into your door. Cylindrical locks were first invented in the early 1900s by a man named Walter Schlage. There have been massive improvements over the years, but the simple residential cylinder door lock continues to be touted to this day. The cylindrical lock is comprised of a solid metal piece that attaches one end of your doorknob to the other. What are the benefits of this type of locking mechanism? We're glad that you asked.
1) Simple Installation - Traditional door lock cylinders are easy to install. If you have a pre-drilled door that is ready to be secured, all you have to do is slide the lock into place before securing it with fasteners. That's it. You don't have to drill out a secondary spot like you would with a mortise lock.
2) Style Variety - Just because you are installing a new lock it doesn't mean that you want to give up on your options. You can find traditional door lock cylinders that come in every shape, style, color, and finish possible. You don't have to settle for something boring.
3) Upgraded Security - You can stick to the traditional door lock cylinder or you could consider an upgrade. You can find cylindrical locks in heavy-duty, Anti-theft, residential, and commercial styles.
A traditional door lock cylinder might be all that you need in order to keep your property secure against criminal threats. If you are looking to install new locks or replace your old locks, a traditional cylindrical lock could be the perfect solution for your needs.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQ: When Do I Need Transponder Key Programming Services?
- Is Your Front Door Lock Burglar-proof? Consider Consulting Expert Locksmiths?
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…