Automotive Locks: Knowing When to Repair or ReplaceSeptember 2, 2015
Knowing whether to repair or replace your automobile locks can save you valuable time and also decrease your overall costs. Although it may be tempted to have your automobile locks repaired in order to reduce expenses, sometimes it is far more cost effective to have the automobile locks replaced.
There are a few factors to take into consideration before deciding on whether to repair or replace the locks of your vehicle. Here are a few tips on when you definitely need your automobile locks replaced:
Lost or Stolen Keys
If your keys are lost or have been stolen, get your automobile locks replaced as soon as possible. If the keys to your vehicle are lost, someone with adverse intentions may have found them. In addition, your keys may not have been lost and could have been stolen.
Even if your keys are returned, someone could have made copies of them. It is always best to be on the safe side and have your automobile locks replaced instead of taking a chance.
Additionally, if your keys are stolen then there is a high potential of your automobile being vandalized or stolen. To have your automobile locks replaced is far less expensive than replacing your vehicle entirely.
Wear and Tear
Worn, malfunctioning or rusted locks are a huge weakness in vehicle security. Old or worn out locks are much easier to pick and break. In addition, a worn or faulty lock makes it hard to open and usually worsens and as time goes on.
If any vehicle door lock has extreme rust, tarnish or other noticeable signs of wear, it is best to replace the locks of your automobile. Although having your automotive locks repaired when they are worn may be tempting, it is far more economical and less frustrating to replace them. For instance, an inconvenient breakdown or malfunction may leave you locked out in the heat of summer or cold of winter.
If your vehicle has been vandalized or broken into, you need to have your automobile locks replaced immediately. When a vehicle is vandalized, the force of the break-in could have compromised the reliability of the mechanics of the lock. You are at a much higher risk of another break-in if the locks are damaged. After a robbery or break-in, it is safest to presuppose that your keys are in the wrong hands.
Aside from possible theft, missing keys can present a big problem. Nowadays many vehicles have computer chips integrated into the keys. The chips are designed to prevent your car from being stolen. However, you will not be able enter or drive the automobile if you lose your keys. The only solution is special order the keys which is very time consuming or have your automobile locks replaced.
Vehicle Ignition Lock
When a car lock is damaged, it can be difficult to rotate the key inside the lock. This is usually because the key’s teeth are losing their shape or the pins and wafers are worn. This can also happen to your vehicle ignition lock. For the most part, the lock cannot be repaired and must be replaced.
Altona Locksmiths has been a leading locksmith company for over 20 years. Their professional locksmith includes repair and replacement of broken and worn locks. In truth, Altona Locksmiths does 95% of the market, and opens 95% of automobiles.
To have your automobile locks repaired or replaced contact:
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…