When Do You Need Car Key Reprogramming?April 29, 2016
Scope is the secret ingredient that keeps a locksmith busy, 24-hours a day, seven days a week, and all through the year, including the big holidays. Imagine a big commercial establishment. New owners take over these businesses all the time. The office down the street goes out of business and it's time to rekey the doors before the new owner takes over. Commercial business key system maintenance takes on ever greater complexity in this high-functioning environment, with hierarchal key structures changing, assigned keys altering hands, and any number of new branches being appended to the original list of restricted key owners.
Do you remember those days – not so many years ago when car keys were steel forged, and their teeth would lose its edge from wear after years of use? Well, when that happened, it was often difficult to get them to work all. Sometimes, it was necessary to actually 'jiggle' them in the car's door locks and ignition to get them to work.
Those days are gone, no older metal car keys that depend on fresh-cut teeth to manipulate physical tumblers that will open car door locks, or to operate the ignition. Now, there are smart car keys, these changed everything – the way people lock or unlock vehicles, even at a distance. While this amazing technology makes locking and unlocking vehicles easier, unlike standard, metal keys, losing them can be just as frustrating.
When you lose metal keys, having a spare around helps as you can take these to a hardware store to have another set made, not so with transponder keys because these need to be reprogrammed.
Reasons for Transponder Car Key Reprogramming
Because transponder keys are assigned a unique electronic code, using a carbon microchip mounted inside a special glass case, they are not easily replaced and greater care should be taken to not lose them. However, another transponder car key can be obtained and reprogrammed from the car manufacturer through a licensed, bonded and certified locksmith such as Altona Locksmiths.
A car's on-board computers is accessible when it recognises the microchip inside transponder car keys, and without this the car will not open or start, which is the case sometimes when the keys unique code cannot be read. When this happens car key reprogramming is required.
Most car owners never realize just how important their transponder car key is, until it doesn't work anymore. Like anything, these keys can become damaged in many ways, water damage and physical damage being the most common, but when your car's on-board computer fails to recognise your key's unique code, you will need to have it reprogrammed.
Altona Locksmiths is able to reprogram transponder keys for all major car brands, and can either repair or replace them when needed. For more information about car key reprogramming transponder keys, repairing and replacing broken and worn locks, or the removal of broken keys inside vehicle locks, then please contact us today.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…