What Is Broken Lock Extraction?May 16, 2016
Broken keys and locks pose a huge challenge, especially when the part of the key breaks off inside the lock. This can not only damage the lock, but it also makes it useless until the broken piece can be removed and the lock repaired. This can create a terrible inconvenience, especially if a key breaks off inside of a car door lock, a gate lock, a residential door lock, or a safe lock. Not being able to use your car, gain access to a boundary gate, unable to enter your home, or open your safe can be more than frustrating. It is a gut wrenching feeling to consider the next steps needed to fix the situation. Thankfully, if you ever find yourself in any one of these situation, professional locksmiths at Altona Locksmiths are available to help you fix your problem using broken lock extraction.
What is Broken Lock Extraction?
There are many ways in which keys can become damaged inside a lock. Actually, it is not uncommon for this to happen because many people are in a hurry today and accidentally turn the key the wrong way. Once that happens, there is little you can do except call for a professional locksmith. Locksmiths use a broken lock extraction to remove the damaged key from inside your lock, and then repair and re-key it for you, or replace it if necessary, so that you can get your life back to track.
It is not advised to attempt to remove a broken key from the lock yourself because using pliers, knives or similar sharp object may seriously damage lock tumblers beyond the ability to repair them, and you may then need to buy a new lock. For car locks, steering functions or car door locks could be damaged permanently, which could cost far more to repair them than a simple broken key extraction would have.
Fortunately, with the right equipment, most broken lock extractions are successful and take very little time to repair.
Commercial, Domestic and Automotive Professional Locksmiths
Here at Altona Locksmiths, we are committed to serving our community's commercial, residential and automotive locksmithing needs, for all types of locks. Whether it is designing, installing and maintaining a key system that accommodates your everyday security needs, every customer and every job is treated with the same sense of importance and urgency.
Because those who work with locks need to be trusted, we want to earn your trust, by providing the best, most reliable, efficient and affordable locksmith services possible.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…