Tips to Enhance Your Rental Home SecurityApril 23, 2018
Feeling safe in one’s home is important, and it should be a top concern for landlords to provide a secure place for renters to live. As a property owner or landlord, making your tenants know that their security is a top priority will not only make them feel safer, but will also attract potential renters. For renters, there are also ways to enhance your rental home security if you feel that your landlord is not providing enough.
Tips to Enhance the Security of Your Rental Home
The are a number of ways to enhance a rental property’s security that are effective and affordable, a few tips on some things you can do are listed here:
Secure entry and exit doors – if you want to enhance the security of your rental home, the best place to start is at the front door, and any other entry and exit doors. While installing heavy duty doors is definitely helpful in providing better security, it is the locks that are the main defence against forced entry.
Deadbolt locks – today, standard locks alone are just not enough to keep a rental home secure. But with a quality deadbolt lock, criminals will not only find it extremely difficult to break in, it will deter them from trying.
Chain locks and peepholes – a chain lock can also enhance the security of a rental home, as these help tenants to just crack open doors, instead of fully opening the door to communicate or see who is outside. Peepholes increase security even more because these allow renters to see who is on the other side of the door, without having to open it.
Securing windows with locks and security bars – the windows are burglars’ first choice of entry, so these should have effective locks that prevent them from being manipulated open. For the first floor, security bars should be installed on the windows of rental homes, although these will have some effect on a home’s aesthetics, installing them for security reasons is well worth it.
Security cameras and extra lighting – security cameras placed at entry and exit doors, as well as on the side of the home, or near parking will help increase security. Adding extra lighting around the house will also act as a deterrent to would-be burglars.
Alarm system – there are many types of alarm systems available that are affordable and very effective, it is advised to consult with a professional locksmith to help you choose which one will be best for your rental home.
If you want to enhance the security of your rental home, then contact Altona Locksmiths, we can evaluate your property’s security needs and then work with you to secure your doors and windows, add extra lighting, and advise you about the different alarm systems that will best meet your needs.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…