The Ever Changing Technology in Locksmithing and Security January 28, 2016
Time has change many things, each new century has brought with it many wonderful technological inventions that have changed humans lives in countless untold ways. However, one invention has remained nearly unchanged over thousands of years, the simple lock. While basic locks that use keys are everywhere, there are now new ways to secure doors, gates, containers, cupboards and cars.
Technology, Locksmithing and Security
Basic key locks have greatly benefited from technology, because these can now be keyed in different ways, to fit different situations, such as the following:
Keyed to Differ – Each of these locks will only open by its own individual key.
Maison Keyed System – This type of key system is used in places like apartments, and while each apartment door has its own key, communal doors will open to all residents' keys.
Keyed Alike – This allows for many locks to be unlocked by one key type.
Master Keyed System – In this lock system, each of the locks has their own unique key, but there is a master-key which can open all locks. This could be an effective system to set up in gyms, fitness centres or employee locker rooms.
Basically, technology has allowed the tried and true key lock to be configured in ways never before imagined. But, there are other locksmithing and security measure that don't involve keys.
Vehicle Transponder Keys Latest Security Technology
Transponder keys are special keys that contain microchips mounted inside their plastic cases. Why a microchip? Microchip technology now allows greater control over the security of automobiles that have on-board computers, because the vehicles won't start or function without the transponder key's signal. In this way, your vehicles can't be stolen. It is a huge step in locksmithing and security service in helping to protect people and their property.
Various car manufactures now use transponder keys extensively, while most others use them for their higher model vehicles, and when these keys are issued they come with a unique pin code. To obtain the original pin code, the information can be obtain through the car dealership or through authorised agents such as Altona Locksmiths. We are an authorised agent that can obtain transponder key pin codes from car makers such as Honda, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Suzuki and Subaru.
Our professional locksmith are schooled in the latest security and locksmithing technologies and we use them to keep our customers safe, and their properties secured. If you find yourself outside of your home or vehicle, without your standard keys or your transponder key, stay calm, Altona Locksmiths is just a phone call away.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…