Most Common Auto Lock ProblemsMay 7, 2018
Many automotive manufacturers now include auto lock features on their vehicles, like them or not, these are here to stay. While automatic door features are considered a “good” thing, as they are designed to provide better protection against auto theft, when these don’t function properly it can be the cause of much grief.
Understanding how vehicle auto lock systems work can save people a lot of headaches getting used to them. Many of the most common auto lock problems are not really problems at all, but instead they are new car owners getting used to how their vehicle’s auto lock feature functions.
For example, if an auto lock feature automatically locks the doors of the vehicle after a few minutes of the engine running, and the driver is outside of the vehicle after a few minutes, it is possible to get locked out while the engine is still running. There are other features that can take some time getting used too, such as the auto lock feature that locks the door when the vehicle reaches a certain speed, which requires the driver to unlock the door to get out once the vehicle has come to a stop.
Some car manufacturers now allow you to be able to turn off some of the auto lock features, but vehicle owners can experience less inconvenient problems if they first learn about their vehicle’s auto lock features. Although, the auto lock feature isn’t perfect and in some situations do not function properly.
Below are some of the most common auto power lock problems vehicle owners have experienced:
Key battery is low or dead – definitely the most common auto lock problem, when the key fob battery is dead or low on power, car locks will not work. The fix is easy, simply have the battery changed.
Faulty key fob – if the auto locks are not functioning, and the key battery is not dead, then the problem is usually a faulty key fob. To fix this problem you need to take your key to the manufacturer or an authorised auto locksmith that can reprogram or replace it.
Door lock wire is broken – because auto locks are constantly being engaged, they can wear and malfunction over time, most commonly a wire can become broken or lose and the lock will not function. If all the locks of the car can open but one, this may be the problem, and an auto locksmith can fix it.
If you are experiencing auto lock problems, and you can’t get inside your vehicle, you can call Altona Locksmiths at (03) 9315 0522, any time, day or night, and one of our certified mobile locksmiths will come and help you ASAP.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…