Master Key Your Locks: Why Is This Important?March 30, 2016
When you own a small business or home, it may not be necessary to worry about the keying of the cylindrical locks throughout the structure since it only contains one or two doors. You may think differently with a large structure, though, as you could have three, four or more doors to carry keys for at this point. The solution to this is to master key all your doors. Let's examine the functioning of a cylindrical lock, and what master keying is to understand why this may be your viable solution in your structure.
The Way a Cylindrical Lock Operates
The inside of a cylindrical lock contains a series of pins that prevent the cylinder from rotating unless you insert the proper key into the lock. This key contains notches on it that push the pins into the correct position to allow the cylinder to turn within the housing to open the locking mechanism and thus, the door. Each lock works with its own unique key.
What Is Master Keying?
You can select to ask a locksmith to key all your locks alike to work on a single-key configuration, or you may select the master key option. In either case, locksmiths re-key the cylinders to set up the right configuration. A master key can open more than one lock that still unlocks with its own individual key. The option that is the most beneficial to you depends on your specific circumstance. While the keying alike is ideal for small companies and families, master keying is a better solution for large companies, organizations and apartment complexes. Master keying allows the property owner to use a single key on all of his holdings while allotting different keys to each business location or individual apartments whichever the case may be for the owner. An option such as this may include a great grand master, grand master, master and sub-master keys depending on the hierarchy of the company or just keep to the master and sub-master keys.
The Benefits of Master Keying
- Provides convenient access to buildings or apartments for property owners or managers without the necessity of carrying around a bundle of keys.
- There are fewer keys of necessary throughout the facilities, regardless of their function, which reduces on the cost of cutting keys.
- Improves organization since it is easier to tell who has which type of key. As a result, there is less confusion for the managerial staff.
- Makes re-keying simpler when an employee leaves the company, organization or apartment complex.
If you feel that master keys are the answer to your multiple locks, consult with us here at Altona Locksmiths to receive a quote of our services. We are experts with domestic, commercial and automotive situations.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…