Lock Snapping: What Is It and How Can It Be Avoided?October 20, 2017
Lock snapping is a method of breaking into houses that burglars use on a regular basis today since it requires little skill. This method is quick, requires only a few tools and it works exceptionally well with the basic Euro cylinder locks that are often on the modern UPVC or composite doors. If homeowners are not aware of the types of locks that they have on their doors, they are at high risk of burglars gaining entrance to their homes and of losing their precious belongings. For this reason, we provide you with further information about this burglary method and how to prevent it here in this information.
Definition of Lock Snapping
Lock snapping is when a burglar uses certain simple tools, such as a hammer and screwdriver, to break off the front part of the lock from the entry door to gain access to its inner locking mechanism. After he or she accomplishes this, it is a simple matter to unlock the lock with just a knife. Since this is so simple to learn how to do, it has become a highly popular method of gaining access to homes, especially those with UPVC or composite doors.
Which Locks Are Most at Risk for Snapping?
The basic versions of the Euro cylinder locks are at the highest risk for lock snapping. These locks are the ones that are typically installed on UPVC or composite doors. They do not offer in-depth security for anyone’s property. Most of the homeowners today are totally unaware of this fact, though, and the fact that they should have a locksmith assess their door locks to ensure that the locks do make it difficult for burglars to perform lock snapping to gain entrance.
How to Prevent Lock Snapping
The best way to prevent burglars from being able to lock snap your lock is to install an anti-snap Euro cylinder lock instead of one of the basic models. While it will cost a bit more to purchase this type of lock, it will prevent burglars from being able to remove the front part of the lock to gain access to your property. In addition, a professional should install the anti-snap lock to ensure that it works properly.
For further details about lock snapping and how to avoid it, contact Altona Locksmiths. We provide a wide assortment of quality locksmith services in the categories of domestic, commercial and even automotive when the need arises. Our experts will guide you to the types of locks that will offer your property the best possible security and the lowest risk of a burglar from being able to lock snap them.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…