How Do Microchips in Transponder Automotive Keys Work?June 8, 2018
Taking care of your car or truck is going to be a lifelong endeavour that requires you to focus on not only maintenance but security as well. In order to keep your car safe and secure, you are going to have to embrace new technology that prevents it from being stolen. While most people are familiar with transponder keys, some individuals still do not know how effective they can be. Today, we are going to teach you how microchips within transponder automotive keys actually work. After we discuss the core mechanics of the microchip system, we are going to talk briefly about the benefits of having a transponder key for your car.
Transponder Automotive Keys: How Do They Work
Alright, we are going to briefly get technical here in order to properly explain how transponder automotive keys work. When you buy a transponder automotive key, you are really buying a device that will help to dramatically reduce the likelihood of your car ever being stolen. How does this work? By way of an anti-theft microchip. What is an anti-theft microchip?
- Anti-Theft Microchip - An anti-theft microchip is an integral part of your automobile's security system. This microchip is located within the head of your car key. The key looks for a signal from a separate transponder, located around your ignition cylinder. When the signal is received by your key, from the ignition cylinder's transponder, your car will start.
- Password Transponder - The other type of anti-theft microchip system involves a rolling encrypted code. Your car will transmit a six digit number and your transponder will have to reply with a special, and unique, response. This elaborate system allows your car to be safe and secure from even the most hardened of thieves.
As you can see, microchip transponders are incredibly effective at controlling who can and cannot use your car. Various studies have shown that these transponder automotive keys are incredibly effective at limiting theft. If your goal is to lower your auto insurance while improving your peace of mind, you really can't go wrong with adding a transponder key to your security set up. Transponder keys are easy to install and effective for a long time.
Secure Your Car with Altona Locksmiths
If you are considering making a change to your automobile security system, consider contacting us here at Altona Locksmiths, today. We offer a wide variety of different security systems to customers in and around Melbourne. We offer transponder keys, barrel rekeying and steering wheel lock removal among many other services.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…