Common Deadbolt Lock ProblemsApril 26, 2017
When asked about the most secure way to protect a home, most people would agree that the proven deadbolt lock is what works best. These are commonly used to secure the main entrance of homes and all types of commercial properties. Also, depending on the brand, deadbolt locks are an effective way at preventing forced entry, and burglars are unable to manipulate them to open.
Although this type of lock is the work horse of a property’s security, there are times when deadbolts malfunction; however, most common deadbolt lock problems can be fixed with the help of a professional locksmith.
Common Deadbolt Lock Problems
Just because a deadbolt lock malfunctions it doesn’t mean that it needs to be replaced, especially if it is a top brand model because a professional locksmith can repair and rekey it, if needed. There are a few common problems that plague deadbolt locks; thankfully, most problems you may experience can be fixed.
Hard to turn – when a deadbolt will not turn easily, or it will not turn all the way to open the door, there are a few reasons for this. Depending on the location of the door, such as near busy streets or by the ocean, the inner parts of a deadbolt can become encrusted with dust, dirt, and even salt build up, making it difficult or impossible to open.
A locksmith can disassemble, clean, and then reassemble such a deadbolt and have it working as good as new. Unfortunately, many people have broken their key while trying to open a hard to turn deadbolt.
Broken key inside a deadbolt lock – it happens, sometimes even without trying to force a deadbolt lock open when it is hard to turn. When this happens, a locksmith can easily remove the broken key and make you a new one. Or, they can rekey the lock and make you a new key, which is better than having to buy a new lock.
Broken deadbolt locks – while most common deadbolt problems can be fixed by a professional locksmith, there are times when a deadbolt lock is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. A professional locksmith can still help you, there are quality lock brands that most people are unaware about, but locksmiths know which brands are top-quality and can recommend a deadbolt lock that will work best for your home.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…