Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?March 21, 2019
Your alarm clock goes off late and you are out of the door with precious little time to spare. You turn your car key in the ignition and snap, the key breaks in half. You obviously aren't going to make it to work on time, but you also have a more glaring issue to deal with. How do you get this car key extracted from your ignition? Is this a job that you can do yourself? Today, we are going to explain why you need a professional locksmith on hand when a broken car key needs to be extracted. Let's begin!
Broken Car Key Extraction - Call the Pros
A broken car key can be frustrating and difficult to deal with. After all, you can't simply pull the key out on your own. With the key broken and stuck in the ignition, your car has also been rendered unusable. While your first instinct might have you trying to figure out how to pull the fragment out yourself, you might want to hold off. Why should you call a professional locksmith in order to handle the issue? We're glad that you asked.
1) Ruining Your Ignition - If you attempt to pull the broken car key fragment from the ignition, you run the risk of making the problem fundamentally worse. If you mess up the extraction, this could lead to your entire ignition needing to be replaced. If you call on a professional locksmith in order to perform the extraction, you will have a better chance of getting a clean extraction.
2) Breaking Your Lock - What if your car key broke off inside of your car's door? Does this mean that your locking mechanism is fundamentally busted? If you extract the key incorrectly, that could end up being the case. Rather than forcing the extraction yourself, let a professional locksmith handle the task. A professional locksmith will be able to take the key out without creating any further damage on your door.
3) Quick & Easy - While you might wrestle with your key extraction for hours, a professional locksmith can get the job done in under half of an hour. Most car key extractions are relatively straightforward, provided you know what you are doing and have the proper equipment. A professional locksmith can be there in a moment's notice in order to get you back on the road and to work before your boss knows you are missing.
The next time you have problems with your keys, make sure you have Altona Locksmiths on speed-dial. Our team of professional locksmiths is always here to help.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…