Best Practices When Rekeying a Newly Built HomeJune 27, 2018
Moving into a newly constructed home can be an exciting prospect. There is something unique and special about being the first people to inhabit a home. With that being said, there are some key privacy and security aspects that routinely get overlooked -- even in a newly constructed home! Here at Altona Locksmiths, we believe in providing our customers with all of the information that they need in order to stay safe and secure in their new home. Today, the focus of our discussion will be on rekeying your newly constructed home.
Rekeying Your Newly Built Home: Best Practices & Methods
Home security is a subject that is bound to come up when you move into your new home. Whether your house is equipped with top of the line security measures, or simply equipped with strong locks on the doors, you want to make sure that your system is functioning and private. What do we mean by this? Well, during the construction phase your construction team had access to the locks on your door. While the vast majority of construction crews are trustworthy, wouldn't it make you feel better to know that your home could only be accessed by keys that you personally saw created? Thus enters the concept of rekeying your locks.
1) What is rekeying?
To put it simply, to rekey your locks all you are doing is modifying the locking mechanism within the locks on your doors. Rather than replacing the entire device, you are allowing a trained locksmith to manipulate the tumblers inside of the device. This allows you to make new keys corresponding to these new tumblers.
2) Why consider rekeying your home?
When moving into a new building, safety and security should be of the utmost priority. By rekeying all of the locks on your home through a reputable locksmith, such as our professional team at Alton Locksmiths, you are taking control of your security. We can help you to make expertly crafted, secure keys for your new home.
3) What are the best practices during the rekeying process?
Well, the best thing you can do is reach out to a certified locksmith, like us. We'll manually modify each lock in your newly built home so that you can step away with a brand new set of keys.
Rekey Your Home with Altona Locksmiths
At Altona Locksmiths, it is our goal to provide you with services that keep your home safe and your family secure. With years of experience in the locksmith industry, we are more than ready to help you with your next rekeying service. Call us today to discuss rekeying your newly built home, you'll be glad that you did!
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…