Avoid the Common Hassle of Being Locked Out of Your HomeNovember 17, 2016
Getting locked out of the house is nothing new, many people have done it – lost their house keys and found themselves on the outside of the front door looking to get in. It’s not uncommon to be in a hurry, only to realise when the front door slams shut behind you that the keys of the house were left inside.
In the hustle and bustle of modern living, it only takes a moment to forget the house keys, and potentially hours to get back into the house once locked out. It’s a hassle being locked out of your home, but it can be avoided with a few simple remedies.
How to Avoid Getting Locked Out of Your Home
Locksmiths are very busy people that is because unlocking homes and cars for their customers takes up a lot of their time. Although, it is common for people to get locked out of their homes, for a locksmith, it isn’t a pleasant experience because most people are stressed and frantic to get back inside. Surprisingly, there are a few simple solutions to make sure that you never get locked out of your home again, here are a few of them:
Keyless Doorknobs – Changing your front doorknob into a keyless one is worth the cost, especially if you are in the habit of forgetting your keys. With a keyless doorknob, the only way to lock your front door is by using a key to lock the dead bolt, it makes locking yourself outside without a key impossible.
Hidden Key Lock Box – Hiding a key outside under a rock, pot, or door map, is inviting danger into your house if someone finds it. Instead, a key lock box can be hidden to secure your extra keys if you get locked outside the house, again. A key lock box has a combination code that unlocks it, and the box itself can be mounted in a safe, out-of-site area.
Smart Locks – Smart locks do not require a physical key to open, instead, these use a keypad combination lock, or a fingerprint lock to open the door. These cost more than other locks, but when you consider the cost of a locksmith to come out and open your front door, after hours, the cost of a smart lock is worth it.
If you find yourself locked out of your home or car, then having the number of a locksmith handy can definitely help you to get back inside ASAP. If you live in Altona, then you can call Altona Locksmith, our experienced and licensed locksmiths are available 24 hours a day, for residential, automotive, and commercial needs.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…