Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?May 15, 2019
Renting an apartment can be a great way to find a place to live without tying yourself down for too long. Unfortunately, when you live in someone else's building, you have to take security into your own hands. When you moved into your apartment, what did you do to enhance your own home security? Probably nothing, right? Today, we are going to outline the benefits that can be derived from installing additional locks in your apartment.
Installing Additional Locks in Your Apartment
When moving into your apartment, the first thing you need to do is take stock of your active security measures. Your apartment is likely equipped with a doorknob lock, but there are likely few other security features. The lock that came with your apartment may seem effective, but there are some glaring flaws. For starters, who knows how many keys are floating around in the world that match your lock? You are trusting your landlord at their word that the prior tenets returned all key copies. This line of thought can lead you to feel insecure in your own home. This is where an additional set of locks can come in handy.
1) Enhanced Security Benefits - While your door lock may seem effective, it really isn't. In order to find some peace of mind, you'd be better served installing an additional lock. When you install a new deadbolt or smart lock, you are adding a layer of security to your home. Not only will your original lock still work, but you'll have a backup just in case.
2) Improving on Old Security - Installing additional locks can benefit people who are renting older units. Older apartments are likely to be equipped with outdated security measures. While a lock rarely will 'go bad', it can definitely become obsolete. There are a variety of amazing new security options that you can embrace in your apartment through the assistance of a professional locksmith.
3) Embracing Redundancy - Finally, adding additional locks to your apartment can be a great way to embrace redundancy. Redundancy is all about doubling down on a concept in order to ensure the effectiveness of said concept. If one lock can secure your door, then two locks will absolutely benefit you.
Apartments are frequently targeted by scammers and lawbreakers. Many criminals will view apartments as an 'easy target' to try and steal from. Take your security into your own hands by considering adding additional locks to your apartment. If you still don't want to install a new lock, at least consider rekeying your old locks! Make sure that you stay in communication with your landlord so as not to violate any potential lease agreements.
15c Slough Road, Altona
Phone: (03) 9315 0522
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Customised Restricted Key System: What are the Benefits for Your Business?
- Know What's Best for Your Newly Built Commercial Building's Security
- Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Car Transponder Key
- Obtain Optimum Security in Commercial Properties with a Complex Master Keying System
- Check the Security of Your Door Lock Because Burglary Can Occur Anytime
- Signs of a Failing Car Ignition Lock Cylinder: When to Call a Locksmith?
- Temporary Construction Keying for Business Owners' Peace of Mind
- Car Locking Problems Due to Worn Out Keys: Hire Professional Locksmiths for Replacement
- Ensure the Security of Office Drawers and Cabinets: Call Professional Locksmiths
- Car Key Cutting Services: The Importance of Locksmith Accuracy and Precision
- Benefits of Traditional Door Lock Cylinders for Residential Properties
- Apartment Security: Why Additional Locks Become Beneficial to Renters?
- Domestic Locksmith Services: Reasons Why Old Homes Should Have Their Locks Updated
- How Restricted Keys Can Help Avoid Unauthorised Key Duplication
- Understanding Complex Lock Parts and Mechanisms in Car Door Locks
- Broken Car Key Extraction: Why Call a Professional Locksmith?
- Avoid Sham Locksmiths: Know Some Hiring Guidelines
- Rekeying Gives You Full Control Over Your Newly Purchased Home
- Grand Master Key for Hotels: What are the Benefits?
- Keyed to Differ and Keyed Alike: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Home Security Tips for Senior Citizens
- What are Smart Locks for Homes?
- Why is Time Management Important When Hiring Professional Locksmiths?
- View all articles…
- Residential Security: Are your Knob Locks Enough?
- Should You Rekey a Newly Bought House?
- View all articles…
- Ignition Problems and When to Call for a Locksmith
- The Importance of Master Key System in Factories
- View all articles…